Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
ZBook Studio G4

I'm trying to install a secondary M.2 drive in my ZBook Studio G4, but there is no place to screw down the end of the drive. There is a space for the drive and two screw holes below it, but neither lines up with the M.2 board. I assume there is some bracket missing from my laptop, but cannot find any reference to such a thing in the service manual.

Is there some way I can purchase this bracket from HP?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I stand corrected. I've found another PDF that does reference this part. It is under "bracket kit", part number 840966-001.

For anyone else searching this, see page 21 of http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05481588.pdf

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

You'll need the model number of the laptop to get the service manual. There you'll find a parts list.

Volunteering here is my therapy
17-cp0097er
HP Envy 27-b014
HP Recommended

I've found a photo of someone else's Zbook Studio G4, and it shows a silver T-shaped bracket. That is the part I need, but I cannot find any reference to an HP part number to obtain one.

HP-ZBook-Studio-G4-Disassembly-8.jpg

HP Recommended

Again, post the model number of the laptop  and we can find the service manual with a parts list. You posted the name of the laptop, not the model number.

17-cp0097er
HP Envy 27-b014
HP Recommended

It's product number X5E44AV. But like I said in the first post, there is no mention of any part like this in the service manual.

HP Recommended

I stand corrected. I've found another PDF that does reference this part. It is under "bracket kit", part number 840966-001.

For anyone else searching this, see page 21 of http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05481588.pdf

HP Recommended

Sorry, I missed the reference in your first post. But I can't pull up anything with model X5E44AV. All I can suggest is find a dead motherboard on ebay cheap with the bracket on it.

17-cp0097er
HP Envy 27-b014
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.