Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming 15-AK007TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HP has not even acknowledged or explained the issue so the Service Center will be no help at all. You can try the M.2 disk; a few people have reported success.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/M-2-SSD-Upgrade/td-p/5430616/hi...

Your best bet is a larger capacity 2.5 inch SSD. 1TBs are not terribly expensive now.  

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Here is the Manual:

Manual

No support for NVME (pci-e) M.2 drives so the two drives you linked are SATA-III and would theoretically work. 

However, many posts have been made here from people who have tried to add an M.2 drive after delivery when none was originally included and the consensus is that the M.2 port is somehow disabled in the BIOS in that case. Since your M.2 port, even if it worked, is a SATA port, the M.2 is not really any faster than a 2.5 inch SATA SSD, anyway. 

As for memory, the speed is DDR3L-1600. No point in buying anything faster since it will run at 1600 and not 1866 so that Vengeance memory is not needed and will not help anything. 

Try to match the modules that are in it for voltage, density (# of black blocks on the side) and CL (latency) readings...i.e CL=11. If you need a specific purchase link let us know. 

If this is "the Answer" please click "accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended
Hi Huffer,
Thanks for the quick reply! I was planning to add an m.2 ssd and replace my current hdd with an ssd. I'm working on video editing/3d modelling and felt I can keep OS on one ssd and use the other as scratch disk.
Can the authorized service center help in installing the right bios that would support the m.2 ssd? My laptop is out of warranty so I was planning to do it myself. I wouldn't mind approaching the authorized center.
Regarding the ram I'll look for 1600mhz ones, I thought this model supports more, thanks for sharing the manual.
Thanks again
HP Recommended

Sorry I missed the pci-e part. So I can only replace the current hdd with an ssd? And not have a dual storage configuration.

How different is the Samsung one compared to this?

http://www.amazon.in/Kingston-SV300S37A-240G-2-5-Inch-Internal/dp/B00A1ZTZNM/ref=sr_1_2?s=computers&...

There is a significant price difference but the Kingston is also Sata III.

HP Recommended

HP has not even acknowledged or explained the issue so the Service Center will be no help at all. You can try the M.2 disk; a few people have reported success.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/M-2-SSD-Upgrade/td-p/5430616/hi...

Your best bet is a larger capacity 2.5 inch SSD. 1TBs are not terribly expensive now.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.