Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Anytime. 

Glad to have been of assistance. 

HP Recommended

Hey, Is there any free cloning software, you can recommend - Reflect 7 free ok?

HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, I had already posted my recommendation in one of my earlier replies...Macrium Reflect.

HP Recommended

Hey, thanks a lot for all this help. I did install the software & cloned the windows. Now when i want to change the boot sequence it doesn't give me the option in BIOS. Please see attached picture. Did i do something wrong?

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-01 at 10.26.45 PM.jpeg

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Temporarily disconnect the hard drive, and the PC should boot from the SSD.

Then if it does, connect the drive back up, use dispart to clean the disk and see if Windows continues to boot from the SSD.

HP Recommended

Hi

So i removed HDD and then it did not detect the HDD. Says "Boot Device not found" Then pressed F2 to do the hard drive test. 

Am i going in the right direction? I wish you could guide me over the phone. Lol. But seriously, is that possible?

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I don't know what the problem could be.

With the hard drive disconnected, the PC should automatically boot from the SATA M.2 SSD.

You shouldn't have to do a hard drive test on a new M.2 drive, but I guess you can.

Unfortunately, I would not be able to provide phone or video support.

The only other thing you can do is to keep the hard drive disconnected and use the cloud recovery tool to install Windows on the SSD and see if it works that way.

I never clone drives.  I've had too many problems in the past.

I usually don't even use recovery media.

I prefer to use the media creation tool to clean install W10 and then I manually install any drivers and software I need afterward.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

In your screenshot is that the M.2 SSD showing up as the device in the Windows boot manager (WDC .....)?

If so, something is wrong with the windows installation, because that is where the notebook wants to boot from.

HP Recommended

Hey, no issues, you have been of immense help

Sadly, M2 does not show as a boot device in bios. Dont know why... Well i guess i ll have to watch youtube videos...

Good luck to me!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I get that it may not show up as a bootable device in the BIOS, but the notebook should still boot from it with the hard drive removed.

That seems to be pretty common on some HP notebooks.

Are you sure you got a SATA M.2 SSD, and not a NVMe one?

They look the same, except SATA drives have to notches cut into them, and NVMe drives only have one.

A NVMe drive will not work in your model notebook.

HP Recommended

Its working now 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.