Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Intel informs that the Intel PM55 Express Chipset (my Pavillion notebook has this chipset) supports up to Windows 7* so there are no drivers available for newer operating systems, including Windows 10*. But still, my understanding is that you have managed to use the MEI driver on notebooks with the PM55 chipset, and even older Intel chipsets. Even though your MEI driver was originally intended for W7, it works also under W10, if I understand you correctly ?

Kind regards,

HP Recommended

Yes, that is correct.

On my HP 6930p notebook, I used the W7 driver.

Your issue is more complicated.

The actual MEI hardware is not showing up at all in the device manager, since you do not:

1. Have a PCI Simple Communications Controller listed in the device manager with a ! mark, indicating it needs a driver.

2. The IMEI device is not showing up in the system devices category in the device manager with a driver installed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.