Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 16.1 inch Gaming Laptop PC 16-d1 (53F47AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello everyone!

I have a laptop Victus 16 D-1001np, processor core i5-12500h, board 8A27 34.59 and I would like to know the maximum ram capacity supported by my PC.

At this time I have one slot populated with a 8GB SK Hynix 4800MHz DDR5 .

I already tried to find the hp "Instructions Book" but I can't find it for my pc model (only for similar ones),

so I used this cmd line:"wmic memphysical get MaxCapacity, MemoryDevices", which returned this output: 134217728 | 2 . But after dividing 134,217,728 by 1,048,576 I get 128GB, so in theory I can populate each slot with 64GB.

On other hand, I contacted a "Crucial.com " assistant who told me my laptop supports up to 32 GB (16GB in each slot) but I realized he wasnt 100% confident on his reply.

May you clarify for me, please? I really appreciate any help you can provide! Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP probably only tested the notebooks with 32 GB of memory, is all I can think of.

It is not unusual for HP to understate the amount of supported memory--especially in the notebooks made in the last 5 years or so.

You have a Windows report telling you that you can install 128 GB of memory and the Crucial memory report telling you that you can install 64 GB of memory.

You'll have to decide what you want to do.

32 GB of memory is probably more than enough for most folks, but I think you would be entirely safe installing 64 GB if you really believe that you need that much memory.

If you buy the Crucial memory, they usually guarantee compatibility so the risk should be low.

HP - Compaq HP Victus 16-d1000 (DDR5) | Atualizações de memória RAM e SSD | Crucial BR

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

At a minimum your notebook should support 2 x 32 GB of memory.

The Crucial memory report for the 16-d1001ns notebook sold in Spain indicates the max memory is 2 x 32 GB.

HP - Compaq HP Victus 16-d1001ns | Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | Crucial.com

The report for the entire model series indicates the max memory is 2 x 32 GB:

HP - Compaq HP Victus 16-d1000 (DDR5) | Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | Crucial.com

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

First of all..thanks for being available to clarifications 🙂

I have conflicting information as the hp source tells me that the maximum is 32GB. 

I'm confused now if its 64GB as you mentioned or 32GB.

The two sources follow below.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/victus-by-hp-16.1-inch-gaming-laptop-pc-16-d1000/2101036104/doc...

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c07601111.pdf

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP probably only tested the notebooks with 32 GB of memory, is all I can think of.

It is not unusual for HP to understate the amount of supported memory--especially in the notebooks made in the last 5 years or so.

You have a Windows report telling you that you can install 128 GB of memory and the Crucial memory report telling you that you can install 64 GB of memory.

You'll have to decide what you want to do.

32 GB of memory is probably more than enough for most folks, but I think you would be entirely safe installing 64 GB if you really believe that you need that much memory.

If you buy the Crucial memory, they usually guarantee compatibility so the risk should be low.

HP - Compaq HP Victus 16-d1000 (DDR5) | Atualizações de memória RAM e SSD | Crucial BR

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.