Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp 14-DF0023CL I3-8130U
Microsoft Windows 10 in S Mode

Hello everyone,

I intend getting a laptop: 

Hp 14-DF0023CL I3-8130U

Its configurations are:

• Screen Size : 14 in
  • •Native Screen Resolution : 1920 x 1080
  • •LED Backlit Display : Yes
  • •Processor Type : Intel Core i3-8130U
  • •Processor Cores : 2
  • •Processor Speed : 2.2 GHz
  • •Processor Cache : 4 MB
  • •Hard Drive Capacity : 128 GB
  • •RAM Size : 4 GB
  • •RAM Type : DDR4
  • •RAM Speed : 2400 MHz
  • •Graphics Card : Intel UHD Graphics 620

I would like to know whether I can upgrade the ram of this laptop before purchase. I have gone through the manual and I saw MEMORY IS NON-CUSTOMER ACCESSIBLE/NON-UPGRADEABLE. Now, another part of the manual is giving upgrade options. It appears to be confusing. I have checked the answers from previous questions and is not yet clear to me.

So, 

1. I would like to know what MEMORY IS NON-CUSTOMER ACCESSIBLE/NON-UPGRADEABLE means

2. Is there another memory slot to upgrade my RAM to 8gb.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Believe it or not I actually bought that same laptop and upgraded it to 8 gb memory and an SSD for use in my office. Best deal I found on a FHD screen laptop with an Intel Core processor. The upgrade made it a very zippy useable machine. The non-customer upgradeable means technically HP does not really want you opening it. We cannot give you 100% assurance but this Forum has operated for years on the representation from HP people who are involved in this Forum that upgrading RAM, wi-fi or the storage will NOT void the warranty. You WILL be responsible if any damage is done and we have every now and then heard a horror story that someone who had done an upgrade had problems getting the warranty recognized when a problem unrelated to the upgrade later surfaced. So having been duly advised the best we can do, post back if you want specific upgrade help but I can tell you first-hand it is not that hard to do. Upgrading is not for the meek. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Believe it or not I actually bought that same laptop and upgraded it to 8 gb memory and an SSD for use in my office. Best deal I found on a FHD screen laptop with an Intel Core processor. The upgrade made it a very zippy useable machine. The non-customer upgradeable means technically HP does not really want you opening it. We cannot give you 100% assurance but this Forum has operated for years on the representation from HP people who are involved in this Forum that upgrading RAM, wi-fi or the storage will NOT void the warranty. You WILL be responsible if any damage is done and we have every now and then heard a horror story that someone who had done an upgrade had problems getting the warranty recognized when a problem unrelated to the upgrade later surfaced. So having been duly advised the best we can do, post back if you want specific upgrade help but I can tell you first-hand it is not that hard to do. Upgrading is not for the meek. 

HP Recommended
Thank you very much Mr. Huffer. I will give the laptop a try and if there is any technical issue beyond me and beyond countless search on Google for solution, I will share my experience here. Thank you once again
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.