Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-AB289SA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

I have an issue with blue screen quite often. 

I ran a memory check and it failed. I get the below message:

Failure ID:   9C3RB0 - 80QAM2-MFPWLK-40AL03

Memory module 1 Bottom-Slot 1 (left)

What should I do to solve the issue? Do I need to replace any parts? If so what parts and where could I find replacement parts?

Many thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes you need to replace the memory module in that slot.

The product specs for your notebook indicate that it came with 1 x 8 GB of memory.

Below is the link to the service manual where you can find the memory removal and replacement procedure.

HP Pavilion Notebook (Intel)Star WarsTM Special Edition Notebook Maintenance and Service Guide

I'm going to give you 3 options...

If you have never added memory to your notebook, you can:

1. Remove and replace the 8 GB memory chip with another one, as the notebook was originally configured.

Crucial 8GB DDR3L-1600 SODIMM | CT102464BF160B | Crucial.com

2. Max out the memory to 16 GB and buy two of the above chips, which will run in dual channel mode.

3. If you are happy with 8 GB of memory, it would be better to install 2 x 4 GB of memory, so the memory runs in the higher performing dual channel mode.

Crucial 4GB DDR3L-1600 SODIMM | CT51264BF160B | Crucial.com

You can buy this memory in the UK;

8 GB:

Crucial 8GB DDR3L-1600 SODIMM | CT102464BF160B | Crucial UK

16 GB kit:

Crucial 16GB Kit (2 x 8GB) DDR3L-1600 SODIMM | CT2KIT102464BF160B | Crucial UK

8 GB kit (2 x 4 GB):

Crucial 8GB Kit (2 x 4GB) DDR3L-1600 SODIMM | CT2KIT51264BF160B | Crucial UK

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes you need to replace the memory module in that slot.

The product specs for your notebook indicate that it came with 1 x 8 GB of memory.

Below is the link to the service manual where you can find the memory removal and replacement procedure.

HP Pavilion Notebook (Intel)Star WarsTM Special Edition Notebook Maintenance and Service Guide

I'm going to give you 3 options...

If you have never added memory to your notebook, you can:

1. Remove and replace the 8 GB memory chip with another one, as the notebook was originally configured.

Crucial 8GB DDR3L-1600 SODIMM | CT102464BF160B | Crucial.com

2. Max out the memory to 16 GB and buy two of the above chips, which will run in dual channel mode.

3. If you are happy with 8 GB of memory, it would be better to install 2 x 4 GB of memory, so the memory runs in the higher performing dual channel mode.

Crucial 4GB DDR3L-1600 SODIMM | CT51264BF160B | Crucial.com

You can buy this memory in the UK;

8 GB:

Crucial 8GB DDR3L-1600 SODIMM | CT102464BF160B | Crucial UK

16 GB kit:

Crucial 16GB Kit (2 x 8GB) DDR3L-1600 SODIMM | CT2KIT102464BF160B | Crucial UK

8 GB kit (2 x 4 GB):

Crucial 8GB Kit (2 x 4GB) DDR3L-1600 SODIMM | CT2KIT51264BF160B | Crucial UK

HP Recommended

That's great. Many thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.