Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Presario CQ57 300-TU
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I want to upgrade the memory of my presario cq57 300 tu from 2 GB to 8gb as it supports 8gb memory with DDR3 RAM . I need a guide to know how can I upgrade the same . Shall I remove the already installed one from slot ist or let it be there. Is it a must to buy the same maker or can I change to different one.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Your Service Manual:

Manual

See p. 45. This is specified 4 gig module part number:

621569-001

https://www.amazon.in/Memory-4GB-PC3-10600-13/dp/B005FCDHRQ/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=621569-001&qid=15635...

There are two slots as you see in the picture. The only way to get to 8 gigs is with 2 x 4 gig modules so you have to discard the 2 GB module currently in the laptop. You do not need to match the manufacturer of the current module. You can use any DDR3-1333 SO-DIMM such as the ones linked above. 

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Your Service Manual:

Manual

See p. 45. This is specified 4 gig module part number:

621569-001

https://www.amazon.in/Memory-4GB-PC3-10600-13/dp/B005FCDHRQ/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=621569-001&qid=15635...

There are two slots as you see in the picture. The only way to get to 8 gigs is with 2 x 4 gig modules so you have to discard the 2 GB module currently in the laptop. You do not need to match the manufacturer of the current module. You can use any DDR3-1333 SO-DIMM such as the ones linked above. 

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended
As emarket is flooded with tonnes of alternative products to choose from , which brand should I go with keeping in view budget and reliability of same as I have already seen 4gb DDR3 ram of Samsung costing 1400rs
HP Recommended

I would stick with a known brand. Samsung Hynix Crucial Kingston. But the offbrand modules can be a good value. If you buy from amazon.in with prime delivery good chances it is a good seller and chip maker so you can shop purely on price. 

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thanks a lot !

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.