Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 14-bf101np 14" I7-8550U
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! 

I have recently purchase a hp pavillon 14-bf101np. It as the integrated graphic card (intel 620hd) and the NVIDIA Geforce 940mx. The laptop when running games , runs perfectly cs go. But when i run minecraft , only works with the integrated graphic card, and running metin2 gives me a error of Metin2.Create_no_appropriate_device. I've tried the incompatible option of windows , i have updated my drivers , i have went to performance option in windows and tried all of them, also tried do uninstall the game and re-intall it ... all of this , and still nothing works...

Please help me if you can,

OGafonso28

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@OGafonso28

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand you have the error message - "Metin2.Create_no_appropriate_device",

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you ensure the device is compatible with the game requirements?

Did you reinstall the Metin2 game and check if it works?

Did you know this device isn't designed for gaming but for everyday computing?
(Keeping in mind the basic needs of an average user surfing the internet or using it for normal tasks as such).

That said, I'm afraid your HP Pavilion 15 is not designed for gaming, it's purpose is everyday computing and hence I would request you not to overload the computer with HD games such as the ones you've mentioned as this computer cannot handle it, to know about HP Laptops designed for gaming: Click here

You could try reducing the resolution on the in-game settings and switch the windows settings to performance rather than visual effects to make a minor change, however, the game may heat up your PC, hence make sure you are using a cooling pad as well, to be on a safer side.

Here's how you change windows settings:

• Go to Start Menu > click on Settings.
  • Type performance > choose to Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.
  • In the new window, go to the Visual Effects and select Adjust for best performance.
  • click Apply and Ok...this should do the trick.

If the device works fine with other games, however, the metin2 continues to have issues after reinstalling the game as well, please Contact the game manufacturer for assistance.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.