08-04-2019 06:58 AM
Had to reset my laptop and Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 - en-us was removed. Microsoft office was purchased on the lap from HP. THe Envy was a custom build. Resetting the computer corrected the problem but now I do not have office and would like to know how to get it back.
08-04-2019 10:17 AM
If you have your Office license key, skip down to the section Microsoft Office - Product and License Information
The advantage of having purchased the computer as a CTO product is that you should have an email that includes the components built into the product and (perhaps in a separate email) any additional purchases in the order.
Our community cannot provide any information on the subject - we have absolutely no access to internal HP purchase information.
You MIGHT be able to get this information from HP, though from what I understand (personal experience plus reading what others have said), contacting HP to have them search for your Office Key information is not likely to work. This means nothing more than what it says: "In my experience".
Better (perhaps): Contact Microsoft Office, provide the necessary information - including proof that you purchased the Office product with the computer - and ask for help.
Microsoft Office - Product and License Information
Calls / links to:
To see help options: Scroll down to the middle of the page and select product
Need more help? Scroll down a bit more to find out how to contact Microsoft
Added as a "If All Else Fails" alternative so you can at least continue working...
Life is possible without Office
If you wish to do so, contact HP Technical Support - submit a case, explain the issue, ask if there are options to retrieve the key to your software.
Do not "bank" on HP having the information available to you - the records will likely include the purchase information but do may not include reference to the license key.
HP Technical Support - HP Contact Information
- Use the serial number of the device to submit the case (do not post that information on the Community).
- Chat is not available in every region. In those areas where Chat is an option, Chat service hours are likely restricted. In the event that Chat is not available in your region: Call the number provided in the HP directory, else submit your case online (to receive phone contact information)
- HP will advise you there is a fee for phone support and / or other services when your computer / device is no longer under warranty. This is normal business practice.
- HP may tell you that certain services are not covered under warranty. This is normal business practice. Standard Warranty typically covers specific hardware issues as explained in the Warranty contract. Care Pack coverage and warranties differ by package.
- If the HP Contact (phone) number is not immediately provided: Contact information is displayed on your screen after you submit your case online.
- HP websites are the only ones allowed to use the HP copyright circle/logo. Look for the copyright on any website claiming to be HP. If in doubt, scroll to the bottom of the Website to find HP copyright logo.
“Everywhere” Contact Information - HP Technical Support
Select your region and follow the prompts
Option: Contact HP Technical Support - Regions
USA / Canada
Submit information / case online: Contact HP Support – Assistance Portal
- Sign in or continue as a guest
- For faster support, submit information / case online HP Customer Support UK
- Contact Phone: Contact HP UK – Phone Assist
Option - HP Support is on Facebook!
Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.
We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.
Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!
Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.