Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
2E9H4EA#ACB
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! Please help!!

Windows 10 64bit   CPU Intel Core I5

I have integrated GPU as its seems it must be intel but it shows as Microsoft basic display adapter. I tried many things but at the end of each step it tells me that my OS doesn't support driver i am installing( which i downloaded from HP download center based on my notebook) or my hardware is not compatible for it.

Do you have any suggestions on what can I do?

I also tried updating driver manually and automatically( with Intel Driver Assistant which is not installing at all, When I try to install Intel Driver Assistant it says that program successfully uninstalled it this is really weird) none of them works.

When I contacted US online help center they told me that they were not allowed to help me because I live in another country, but HP does not have help center in my country and I do not know what to do.

I really appreciate Your help and I am sorry for the time  I took from You.

Thank You in advance!!!

P.S. I am sorry for my poor grammar lack of knowledge in English 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

I am assuming that your notebook came with W10 Pro, and it is at least version 1903...

The graphics drivers will not work on older W10 builds before v1903.

The parts list for your notebook does indicate it comes with the onboard Intel graphics adapter.

HP PartSurfer

Have you tried manually installing the Intel graphics driver this way?  it has always worked for me.

First, create a system restore point so that you can roll back to the current graphics driver you have installed, just in case the updated driver does not work to your expectations.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027538/windows-create-a-system-restore-point

Next, download and save the latest 64 bit Intel HD graphics driver ZIP file from the link below.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28991/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers?v=t

Unzip the graphics driver file to its folder. Do not do anything with the files in the folder.

To unzip the file, right click on the graphics driver zip file you downloaded, and select Extract All.

Go to the device manager, click to expand the Display Adapters device manager category

Click on the Microsoft Basic Display adapter listed there.

Click on the driver tab. Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and then at the bottom of that window, select the Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Click on Have Disk, and browse to the unzipped graphics driver folder>Graphics>iigd_dch (setup information file), click Next, and the driver should install.

Be patient, as it can take a few minutes for the driver to completely install.

When the installation is finished, restart the PC.

To update the Intel HDMI audio driver to the latest version, go to the device manager, click to expand the Sound, video and game controllers device manager category.

Click on the Intel HD audio device listed there.   Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the unzipped Intel graphics driver main folder.

Make sure the Include subfolders box is checked, and the driver will install.

HP Recommended

ScreenShot_20211014130418.jpeg

I did everything you told me and it sill does not works.

I tried other zipped files and it says this:

ScreenShot_20211014130945.jpeg

Is it possible that my processor might be faulty?

This is brand new laptop and it has warranty for 9 months.

This version of Windows 10 is only OS I have installed in it.

HP Recommended

What build of W10 are you running?

Click on the blue 'Check your version of Windows' box.

See which version of Windows you have (microsoft.com)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.