Did you mean: 
Mulualem
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Solved!

Monitor-substitute

HP Recommended

I wanted to use hdmi cable because my monitor cable was broken. Can i disconnect the cable and use the hdmi port instead?

The cam cable was also broke and show flame and smoke when i turn on.

I am in a situation where i can't get new cable and monitor. So  please any idea;thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Huffer
Level 17
Level 17
45,021 44,797 7,236 12,830
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Not clear what you are trying to do. What monitor cable? Smoke and flame? You are going to have to explain a bit more

Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
4,448 4,396 483 1,842
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello

this is a recorded response (macro))
we need the exact model of your computer, and the product number
To find it follow this
for a desktop computer

HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? | HP® Customer Support

and for a laptop:

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Product Name or Number? | HP® Customer Support

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users:
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

0 Kudos
Mulualem
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The pc I have is notebook 15 r22 tx .the place where the camera was broken, starts almost to make fire when i power on and automatically power off before sowing up any display .thanks 

0 Kudos
Huffer
Level 17
Level 17
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm gonna take a risk and say that's not good

Mulualem
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thanks expert Huffer . but my question was if i could TAKE OUT ALL MONITOR CABLES and substitute by using an HDMI cable to project on television.

-----thanks for taking time to read this. 

0 Kudos
Huffer
Level 17
Level 17
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The answer is yes. I think I understand you want to disconnect the original built-in laptop screen and just use a TV as the display by connecting via HDMI cable? If that's the question the answer is yes. 

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation