Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Probook 6455b
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

According to the HP maintenance guide the ProBook 6455b only takes system board 613397-001 and 613398-001. These both seem to be AMD boards. But if you look under processor types it has Intel chips as well as the AMD chips for the 6455b. What Intel boards goes with these processors for the 6455b?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The Manual covers multiple models, Intel and AMD. The ones with model number ending in "5" are AMD and the ones ending with "0" are Intel. 

Manual

See page 41 and it spells out which system boards can be used with which models. I think maybe the chassis of the 2 types are the same such that you could put an Intel board and processor and heatsink, etc. into a model originally delivered as an AMD system but I am not going to guarantee that and if you say I promised it I will deny it. 

Post back if you want to get into the weeds of details any further. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

The Manual covers multiple models, Intel and AMD. The ones with model number ending in "5" are AMD and the ones ending with "0" are Intel. 

Manual

See page 41 and it spells out which system boards can be used with which models. I think maybe the chassis of the 2 types are the same such that you could put an Intel board and processor and heatsink, etc. into a model originally delivered as an AMD system but I am not going to guarantee that and if you say I promised it I will deny it. 

HP Recommended

Page 43 says the intel chips only work in the 6550b and 6450b only but page 106 says the intel chips work in the 6455b and 6555b only. I think page 106 is a mistake and that is what confused me. Take a look at page

@Huffer wrote:

Manual

106. Its basically says the same models only take AMD and Intel.

HP Recommended

One last question. Do all the Intel boards support the Quad Core Processor? If so, what phrasing within the description of the board identifies it as being quad Core capable?

HP Recommended

QM57 chipset

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.