Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360 m3

Hi everyone!

So I have an x360 m3 that is not turning on. No power led light when plugged into the adapter. I have pulled the laptop apart an checked many places with a multimeter. 19 volts out of the charger, 19 volts at the connector out of the dc jack into the motherboard. I am taking this as the dc jack is ok although it was loose. I have 3.3 volts and 2.8 volts at the pins off the board that connect to the battery (I looked for info about what this reading should be but no luck). I have 3.3 volts at the base of the ribbon cable for the power button where it attached to the motherboard. I have checked the continuity across the power switch and it drops to 0 ohms (or just near it) when pressed. Does this sound like the motherboard is fried if it still won't boot? 

Thanks for any advice!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@J_pauley93

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

What is the operating system you are using?

Meanwhile, I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.

3. Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices, such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.

4. Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.

5. Remove the battery from the battery compartment. (If removable)

6. Press and hold the Power button for about 15 seconds to drain residual electrical charge from the capacitors that protect the memory.

7. Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the notebook, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.

8. Press the Power button to turn on the computer.

9. On the Options screen, select Continue and continue to Windows 10.

10. If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, then press the Enter key.

11. Reconnect each of the peripheral devices.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.