Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp OMEN 15-ce012ni
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How can I find the price of replacing my motherboard as it has blown and needs replacement. Or will it be cheaper replacing the whole device.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Deadwings6887 

Actually you have to pay for new system board which has

(a) Motherboard,

(b) CPU / Processor,

(c) eGPU ,

(d) New Windows license

Because all 4 above components are on one piece of hardware called system board. Your machine has

Intel® Core™ i5-7300HQ (2.5 GHz base frequency, up to 3.5 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 6 MB cache, 4 cores)

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 (4 GB GDDR5 dedicated)

Windows 10 Home 64

I can't find its part list but looks like you need a system board  Equipped with an Intel Core i5-7300 2.50-GHz (SC turbo up to 3.5-GHz) processor (2400-MHz FSB, 6 MB L3 cache, quad core, 45W), a graphic subsystem with an Nvidia N17P 4 GB GPU (Generation 0), and the Windows 10 operating system part # 929485-601 which is not available

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=929485-601

You have to search online elsewhere such as Amazon, eBay ...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I located the parts list for the Omen system here, but it's not very clear as to what boards/parts go with a particular model number of system. I believe the system board has a part number of L10771-601. Upon searching the HP Spare Parts Store - They do not offer that system board for sale and it is not user serviceable. For any work on this system, you will need to take it to a computer repair shop or send it HP for service. You'll likely be better off replacing the device if it is not under warranty.

HP Recommended

@MightySchwa 

The book is for newer series, OMEN by HP - 15-ce012ni machine uses Intel Gen 7 CPU (not Gen 8), its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05952302

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@Banhien I saw that spec page and looked for the similar build in the maintenance manual but didn't see it, that's why I posted the part number that I did.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.