Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Envy X360 2 in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Mouse touchpad appears dead and doesnt' show in Device Manager.  Does it need to be replaced?  Any way to test?

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

OK HP Step up and give all of the fix. The Window 10 update keeps crashing my synaptics touch pad. I paid $60 to call and have you revert restore point and provide driver 19.5.10.75. in late December, newest update came through this weekend 1/10 and killed it again, went to restore point prior to most recent update and am stuck in the same circle jerk. PROVIDE THE PERMEANT FIX FROM WINDOWS CONFLICT asap. 1 year old lap top should not have this issue costing me to much down time. I have been big supporter of hp for 20 years. Fix this now I have reinstalled driver 3 times in past three days, comnflict will not allow it to instal, did restore point and this morning forced updates keep making this a stupid issue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HP Recommended

Solution suggested is for a totally different scenario.

My mousepad is dead.  Doesn't even appear in Device Manager.

Is there a way to test it or does it need to be replaced.

HP Recommended

This is the exact same issue that has been created by the Windows update. The conflict blocks and removes the synaptics touch pad driver. Touch pad works fine when the drivers are able to be installed without the conflict. Are you offering a soultion or just questioning if this is the same issue???

HP Recommended

Ah yes.  Thannks for clearing that up.  At least it's not a totallly unknown.  Does your Synaptics show in your device manager?  I've updated the Synaptics driver and on board have the latest, but as you say, it did nothing.  You say it's a conflict.  Were you able to identify the conflict?  Trying to look at IRQs.  Will add if I discover solution.  Thanks

HP Recommended

From all I can tell it is in the Windows automatic update that pushed in November and has not been resolved yet. I have confirmation from HP support, they are aware of the issue and there has not been a fix for it yet.  HP support had rolled my updates back and then installed the most up to date Synaptics driver 19.5.10.75 from September 2018, I am unable to locate this driver as a specific downlaod on any of the sites that offer up drives. You can see it however unable to download.

HP Recommended

I wonder if it's just specific models and configurations.  Mine is an Envy X360 Convertible 15T.  I purchased on 11/20/17.  Have you actually received a response other than some temporary workaround.  Not acceptable. 

HP Recommended

I bought mine within a few weeks of yours. No more response yet unless I spend more money for tech line to help do the work around again.

HP Recommended

I'm having one additional thought that I don't know if you followed.  I didn't think of it coinciding with the Microsoft updates but often hard to split who's responsible.  Did MS not provide info to HP about particular changes and thereby not update drivers or other conflicts, etc. or did HP just not address them.  For me it's always when an issue arises along with the update.  Certainly not "coincidence"!

HP Recommended

@DOK48, @ericffm,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I am sending you a private message suggesting the next course of action.

Please check your private message icon in the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.