Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi
My mouse crashes/hangs randomly
It happens in many situations: using Photoshop, IrfanView, after the screen turns off, once or several times a day ...
You have to "reset the devices" in the "mouse properties" or close the laptop screen (down the lid) to get back to normal

Left and right buttons and touchscreen still working while the mouse pointer stucks onscreen

My notebook is a HP Pavilion x360 model 11-k013cl Windows 10 Home x64

It was already happening before the last Windows Update

The notebook had been in the technician before the issue, but they said they didn't disassembled the mouse

They also said when the mouse pad is defective, it stucks completely/nothing on it works

Before the technician, mouse was all OK

I redownloaded and reinstalled the Synaptics v19.3.31.31 driver

Any help is grateful

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@RV_Perim
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

This sounds like hardware related issue with the touchpad, 

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yeah, but I don't have any HP support in my state

I neither live in the US, although my notebook was purchased in New York

HP Brazil refuses to give technical support to this notebook saying it's not the brazilian model

The last technician said it's a software problem, so as it's just down the lid or reset device in control panel it backs

It must be too misluck the mouse pad gets defective while it was on repair

HP Recommended

@RV_Perim

I understand your concerns

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

HP from Brazil called me yesterday (19) and gave me some tips,

as install an older driver, do system restoration or buy a new replacement touchpad

I decided to uninstall the Synaptics driver and rollback to the previous one from Microsoft (version 10.0.18362.1)

I received an HP update today. I looked for a driver software sooner and the page detected my notebook.

Maybe it was for this

I must warn I didn't see the problem solved yet.

Hey, USA HP, it's stupidness keep asking buyer's/customer's names!

You should ask the OWNER'S name!

My aunt gave me this computer, and she got angry with me when I asked her name,

saying it's dangerous stay giving away the name

Who cares for the buyer's name? And if the buyer sell or give someone the computer as a gift? FOOLS!!!

HP Recommended

I did roll back of the touchpad driver and I used Microsoft driver during one or two weeks.

With Mocrosoft driver, the problem changed and got much less usual

Now the two-touch/double tap command (alike left mouse button clicking) sometimes randomly stops

And again I need to down the lid/screen to make it back to normal

It happens with much little frequency, maybe two or three times per week

By the way, double tap command doesn't seem to be supported with Microsoft driver

But if I use the notebook in stand mode (keyboard in contact with my chest or belly) the touchpad may turn on suddendly

So, I had to go back to Synaptics driver.

Though, Microsoft driver makes mouse cursor too fast, too sensible and hard to control to little movements.

I think my touchpad got defective while it was on repair and I'll have to put the hand in the pocket and pay for a replacement one

I'm just misluck!

USA and Brazil HP, you two stinking companies: better open up an authorized repairshop near me (in Espirito Santo state)

or my next computer will be a Dell or whatever brand with support near my house!

ARE YOU LISTENING ME? DON'T MAKE YOU TWO DEAF NOW!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.