Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15 R006TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
In my laptop the mouse touch pad is not working properly sometime work or sometime not i face this issue after installing the latest synaptics driver update in window update.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi! @AnkitRajput, I am the Mr.Robot. It looks like you were interacting with @MKazi, but he is out of the office today, so I'll take over from here.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned the issue still persists after trying out the steps.

Try uninstalling the touchpad drivers from device manager and install the touchpad drivers from recovery manager and check if it helps.

Refer this article to know how to restore drivers using HP recovery manager.

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@AnkitRajput

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I came across your post and would like to help.

I understand that you have an HP 15-r006tu Notebook. I read that touchpad is not working correctly and sometimes works and sometimes does not. I read that this issue started after installing the latest Synaptics driver. Not to worry, I'll do my best to help you. 

I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix: 

• Open the device manager.
  • Expand "Mice and other pointing devices".
  • Right click on the touchpad drivers and select rollback. If the rollback option is missing then select uninstall.

• Close the device manager.
  • Restart the laptop. While restarting, Windows will automatically reinstall the touchpad drivers.

If the issue persists then download and run the Synaptics TouchPad Driver from the HP website: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72001-72500/sp72088.exe

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Feel free to keep me posted with the results. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended
I face the mouse touch pad issue again and mouse pad only working fine on the same day you solve the issue but next day i again start the laptop but the laptop doesn't show the mouse cursor on screen.
HP Recommended

Hi! @AnkitRajput, I am the Mr.Robot. It looks like you were interacting with @MKazi, but he is out of the office today, so I'll take over from here.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned the issue still persists after trying out the steps.

Try uninstalling the touchpad drivers from device manager and install the touchpad drivers from recovery manager and check if it helps.

Refer this article to know how to restore drivers using HP recovery manager.

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
My laptop is a free dos laptop
HP Recommended
My issue is resolved and thank you very much
HP Recommended

Hi! @AnkitRajput, You're welcome and thanks for your prompt response.

I am happy to hear that your issue got resolved.

If you have any queries in future related to any HP products, you can always reach out to us.

We will try our best to help you out.

Take care,

Have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.