Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

multiple letters get typed on a single key stroke for example this is the output for my topic title:

mulbtiple lebtbters btnyped ony sinygle keny sbtroke

back space doesn't work

shift doesn't work for few letters only

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@rakesh_dash

I reviewed your post and I understand that multiple letters show up on the screen on a single keystroke.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

• What is the product number of your computer?
  • Have you tested with an external keyboard?

Meanwhile, I recommend you uninstall the keyboard driver from the device manager and then restart the computer and check.

Here is how it is done.

1. Type "Device Manager" into the search field to open the device manager console.
  2. Expand the node that represents the type of device that you want to uninstall, right-click the device entry, and click Uninstall.
  3. On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process.
  4. When the uninstall process is complete, remove the device.

NOTE: On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the driver package that was used for the device.

If you continue facing the issue, then follow the steps in the below article and perform a test on the keyboard.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467259

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi , Thanks for your earlier message. I have several other issues too along with the Keyboard issue which I would like to mentioned here as they might be related. 

1) Whenever I play a video in YouTube the play button in YouTube constantly flickers and video pauses repeatedly making like every second. The same happens with any other video player like windows or VLC. And videos aren't watchable in any other website too. And the volume control icon appears permanently on the screen and can not be removed even on closing. And this icon causes the flickering. I will upload a screen record for you to understand this. 

2) When I try to upload a image in any website through the upload file window suddenly the image opens in media player as a video and begins playing. 

3) When I click on icons on my task bar like multiple open browser windows then it starts flickering continuously. To open a browser tab from taskbar usually we mouse over on it and click. But it doesn't allow me to do so now. I have shown this in my video.

4) The volume of system automatically reduces to zero and nothing can be done about it. I have shown this in the video.

I have attached a screen record video showing some of these issues.

And as per your recommendation I have uninstalled the driver for keyboard  and since then some of my issues had  disappeared but they appeared again after few days today, after the KB driver got installed on restart on it's own.

So all of them seem to be related to KB driver.

Now I have uninstalled the keyboard driver and using an external keyboard. Things seem to be in control because of that. Earlier the laptop was unusable.

My laptop is HP Pavillion 15-dk0049TX

Thanks in advance!!

Regards

Rakesh Dash

HP Recommended

@rakesh_dash

I understand your concerns.

It looks like you were interacting with @The_Fossette, but he is out of the office today, so I'll take over from here. 

Please run the SFC scan. you can refer to this Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker

Try updating the computer, this will install the latest updates -

Step 1 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 2 Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type, and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hello,

@praveen196

I have run the SFS scan and got the message below:

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.
For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at
windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline
repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.

I have also updated my Windows. But it seems the issue still persists. I still get wrong letters types for some of the keys.

HP Recommended

@rakesh_dash

I recommend you perform a reset on the computer following the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi The_Fossette,

I had rest the windows already before reaching out to HP support. Nothing seems to resolve the issue. Is it possible for the support to connect to my PC and look into the issue?

Thanks

Rakesh Dash

HP Recommended

@rakesh_dash

I recommend you contact support and they will be able to take the remote access to your computer and check.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.