Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 13-4193nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've formatted my computer and reinstalled Windows 10 x64 from a USB drive created with MS Media Creation Tool. Then I've HP Support Assist and installed everything.

The Mute key works and the OSD displays correctly the volume bar as muted. But the light on the key doesn't turn on. I've manually installed the latest sound driver, to no avail.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Djago

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

Was the Mute button LED working before you reinstalled the Operating System?

Please ensure you have the latest BIOS installed https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp101001-101500/sp101310.exe

Keep me posted

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi

That's a bit late for an answer, but thanks.

Mute LED was walking prior installation. BIOS was latest, and driver was latest. I've uninstalled the newest driver and let Windows install default one. Then Windows updated it to a newer version than default, but not to the one that's on HP's page.

With THAT driver (I mean, the default updated by Windows), LED works.

With the driver on the HP page, it does not.

HP Recommended

@Djago

We're extremely sorry about the delay. Due to the current global situation, we're seeing an influx of customers coming in for support and we are working with reduced work force and limited infrastructure to support our customers. 

I'm glad you got this issue sorted out

Do visit our HP Support Community and drop us a message anytime you need help

Thank you 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.