Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 14 web book
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have tried to add a legacy SSD -- no luck.
I cant update to the latest copy of Windows 10, nor update Office 2013 until running disk cleaner.
I have at best 4 Gb of clear space, and cloning the drive and Windows backup fails every time. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

This is a recurrent problem. We have a KB article on what you can do but the best thing is to wipe and reload as discussed in the KB article. 

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Knowledge-Base/Updating-Windows-10-OS-on-an-HP-Stream-with-3...

Post back if you wish to discuss in more detail. 

HP Recommended

I have a working copy of Office 2013 and it was the last usable install of a MAP.I have erased everything I can erase with no luck.
Even Windows Backup in Windows 7 mode fails. So far Reflect, Partition Master, a few other recovery and cloning program have failed I would like some information about cloning my data.

I'm a little dated, but I am a Microsoft Partner,  CompTIA A+ Certified, and am working my way to a CompTIA CEH via the Homeland Security training  program for Veterans. I'm medically retired and just want to clone the one working machine I have with the programs and resources I need.

HP Recommended

If you have 4 gigs of clear space out of 32 I can't imagine why you cannot clone. Since you have tried it with several different cloning programs there is likely something wrong with the hardware. Have you done a hardware diagnostic? So why are you dead set on cloning as opposed to backing up your actual data and then reinstalling Windows? Surely you can recover your Key Code for Office 2013 and Windows 10 needs no Key Code to rreinstall and reactivate. If you need to clear more space pay attention to the part in the KB article about turning off hibernation and reducing the swap file size to clear up more space as well as turning off any drive protection. 

HP Recommended

The "32" drive formats to just a little over 27Gb. There are 4 partitions. Normally,  I have around 3.35Gb of free space and this is not enough to download and install Windows. I wish there was some other way that the 32Gb SD card or 1Tb  portable drive could be used to download the update files and cache the old system files on something other than the internal "32"Gb drive.
It appears the problem is a hidden partition with all of the cloning and backup methods I have tried to use.  

Are there any command prompt switch commands that may work?   

HP Recommended

Trying to give advice but you seem to have your own answers so good luck. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.