Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

My HP Probook 4440s battery is not charging

HP Recommended
HP Probook 4440s
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

IMG_20210316_135650.jpg

IMG_20210316_135650.jpg

My laptop battery completely discharged and now it's not charging. I plugged it in for 30 mins and charge remains at zero. I ran the battery check and the results are as in the picture. 

Is there a way to repair it? Any driver to recalibrate? Maybe replace the faulty cell by another one from a spare battery? 

Please advise. Thank you. I'm prepping for an interview and there's a lockdown here and not much options at hand. 

1 REPLY 1
Huffer
Level 17
Level 17
44,683 44,460 7,167 12,711
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There are people who rebuild batteries, but you need to have a supply of cells, and some pretty strong soldering skills. Can you get incoming mail delivery? Certainly we can locate a battery for you to buy.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation