Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectra 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Spectra X360 which is just passed warranty is not turning on suddenly and light on power button keeps blinking.

Of Course, I did power reset by 30 sec holding without power plug...... nothing works.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

From all I know, power button light blinking means your laptop's battery is too low for the laptop to boot. Does this issue still exist when plugged in?

If you haven't already I would leave it to charge for couple hours and then see if it boots. Also make sure the laptop light indicates that is is charging. If your charger is broken you may have ran out of power and so unable to run the laptop. I hope this helps.

HP Recommended

Thank.

With charger plug-in, it won't turn on.

1) when i plug-in to usb-c port, white led light(charging indicator near usb-c) is blinking while led light on power button is blinking

2) I plug-in power to usb-c port, white led light(charging indicator near usb-c) is steady on,  when I completely turn off (no led light on power button)

What is going with my laptop.....

HP Recommended

I'm no expert but I'm pretty certain your laptop can only charge from one of the two usb type c ports. I'm guessing the one that gives you a steady light is the one capable of charging. Do you hear fan noise when pressing power button? If so there is most likely something wrong with your LCD; which In that case you can try to connect to external monitor / TV with cable to see if you can see your screen.

Other than that I can't see why your laptop wouldn't turn on. Could be an internal failure or (less likely) a broken power button.

Also I'd recommend contacting a technician directly if they don't answer you here. It sucks to have your laptop die on you right after warranty but I hope it's a simple resolvable issue.

HP Recommended

Thanks

Laptop is simply not turning on with or without charger plug-in, 

just keep led light on power button is blinking.... no sounds of fans are running.....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.