Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi @Shadowcreed,

Welcome to the HP forum! :generic:

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

I have again  brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

I have  again brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

I also have an HP Envy 6-1040ca laptop with broken left hinge. Had it since summer 2012 and paid close to 800$ w/ tax for it. I'd expect a laptop of this price to last more than 3 years. I have removed the LCD bezel, as per HP's Maintenance and Support Guide I found on this website, and tried to add superglue to at least render it usable, but clearly it's a design flaw that needs to be addressed by HP in form of a recall for this laptop series.

Will HP **FINALLY** acknowledge the flaw with this laptop and do the right things for its consumers? This isn't my first HP computer, I always liked the products, but clearly if this can't be fixed, it will certainly be my last. My family is also heavily invested in HP products.

HP Recommended

@jo746

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
I am also having this problem, what should I do
HP Recommended

I have the same exact problem.  I got my laptop over 2 years ago but at 14 months (2 months after the warranty expired the hinge popped out of the screen upon gently opening the laptop, and the screen will no longer light up.  It seems ridiculous that there are thousands of complaints for this exact problem and no recall.  I have never been so disspointed in a computer and will never buy an HP again as the quality is severely lacking.  At the time this happened. I had a work laptop to use, and after reading about the cost of the repair I decided it was not worth it.  I no longer have my work computer and I was hoping that now there would be a recall or that HP would be fixing this problem free of charge but it appears I am out of luck.  I would like to get the computer fixed but the computer is not worth a $100 or $200 repair cost. I am EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED in both the quality of this computer and HP's unwillingness to take responsibility for a defective product.  

HP Recommended

@Bshinault1

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Same issue kindly help
HP Recommended

I bought a HP 15 Notebook r006tu Laptop in 2014 for $470. A year later, after the warranty expired, the screen had dead pixel lines problem which is a LG Paper LED screen. The lines started to appear more, so I replaced it with a new Samsung Paper LED screen from a third-party laptop service which cost me $70. Because, I know it would take around 10-15 days to get service if I had to go with HP official service center and it would cost even more. After 2 months, the hinges broke when I closed my laptop panel. I always handle the laptop very delicately. I couldn't open the laptop back, not taking a risk to break the screen again. So I gave it for a repair to the same third-party service, and claimed for a warranty because I thought it was the service mistake. Then the third-party service explained to me that it's a common problem in most of the HP laptops, and they get so many HP laptops with broken hinges problem. They told me it would cost $80 for new hinges and panel. I did not want to spend anymore, it's been only a year since I bought it, and I expect atleast 4-5 years to come up with such issues, but this is too early for what I paid to buy. I am still using my laptop like a desktop. I cannot close my screen lid, or take in anywhere, or even can't take risk to move it. I am disappointed to know, because I used to know HP as a very good brand, that I didn't go for any other choices when I thought of buying a new laptop. I am at a lose of $150 for having trust to buy a bad quality laptop. Could've spent $150 more on my purchase and bought a good quality laptop that would atleast breaks after a good use for many years. Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.