Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So my laptop becomes extremely loud when playing youtube videos and watching netflix. The sound becomes even more louder when my charger is plugged in. When I'm surfing the web it seems to be fine. Any way i could reduce the fan noise? Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Akif02 

In terms of the laptop fan -- probably NOT.  When I do video streaming, all my laptop cores jump up to nearly 100% and the fan runs very loud.  That is the load that streaming puts on a laptop and that is just what happens.

If you got one of those laptop cooling pads with builtin fans, that might help by drawing heat away from the laptop, but there is no guarantee that will work.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Also, sometimes it would make a strange beeping noise which lasts for about 0.5 to 1 seconds which is strange as I don't know where it is coming from. My laptop is an older model from 2016, so i'm just wondering if it's normal for my laptop to make this much noise because obviously newer range laptops are much more quieter and you can hardly hear any noise coming from them. I just don't know if there's something wrong with it?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.