Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13-aw0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since Windows 11 was available for upgrade I did it. After two days of cumulative updates, the notebook's inbuilt keyboard becomes unresponsive at login screen, after several resets now keyboard/touchpad/touchscreen all become unresponsive at Windows Login screen, while external mouse & keyboard are working.

I did hard reset, clean install of windows 11, hardware diagnostic at BIOS and within HP Assistant - all are pass. Keyboard is working at BIOS / Startup / Booting, only once reaching at Windows Login screen become unresponsive. I try uninstalling them at Device Manager several times but no benefit. Only clean install brings back them to normal functioning, but within another 2 days the problem comes back.

I understand it must be the software issues with Windows 11 upgrade, but now after clean recovery from HP cloud Windows 10 also the problem persists.

Kindly Help me overcoming this situation.

Thanks and Regards!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi Nhavin,

I suggest plugging in an external USB keyboard  for troubleshooting to see if that works.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi Erico,

Thanks for your response. 

Yes all external keyboards and mice are working. 

Kind Regards!

HP Recommended

Hi!.  Great!

That bit of troubleshooting means that the peripheral interface is working. 

You might consider temporarily using the external keyboard and updating the chipset driver that may return use if the notebook's keyboard.

There are also command line methods to insure that your Windows installation isn't broken. Open an admin level command line window and enter the following command:  SFC /scannow and press the enter key. Scannow will take some time to complete.

To open an admin level command line window:

Click on the magnifying glass icon at the center bottom of your display and then type in the word command. Now right click the Command line app and select run as administrator.

If the SFC /scannow operation does show there are issues with the installation, there are options available in the SFC command that will enable you to repair the OS, hopefully without completely reinstalling it. See the hyperlink below for more information from Microsoft of the SFC command options.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corr...

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.