Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-df0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My computer have two USB Type-C ports and the corner USB Type-C port is not working, I don't know what happen but the device manager show that all the ports are normalAnnotation 2019-01-12 170120.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Shut down, unplug all the inserted devices, press and hold the power button for 30 seconds and then turn on the laptop to solve the problem I described.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Run the UEFI hardware diagnostic on the usb ports. Turn off tap esc as you power up then F2 then component tests and pick usb. You will need to insert a usb device in each port as it tests the hardware. 

HP Recommended

Not working! All the test result are passed but the port still not working
20190113_044712.jpg

HP Recommended

Ok it is not a hardware issue. Right click on each usb "hub" in device manager select properties and events and look at the event log. You may want to try uninstalling each device from device manager, reboot and let the driver reload. This article has some good suggestions but ignore the part about downloading the TweakBit Driver Updater. You do not need that.

https://windowsreport.com/usb-not-working-windows-10/

HP Recommended

I try all the possible solution in the web page you sent me and it won't work:(

HP Recommended

You might have to reinstall Windows. Apparently something is corrupted. 

HP Recommended

Shut down, unplug all the inserted devices, press and hold the power button for 30 seconds and then turn on the laptop to solve the problem I described.

HP Recommended

Hey there, Thanks for this solution - it worked for me, for about 10 minutes. Do you happen to know what could be causing the issue? Reliably, when I drain the power, the port works for around 10 minutes and then goes out again.

HP Recommended

Thanks for posting this solution! Really weird problem though. @HP can you help us understand what might cause this so we can avoid it in the future?

HP Recommended

Thanks for the post.  Simple, no nonsense and it worked. I was getting really worried as both c ports stopped working and I needed my  HP USB-C Travel Docking Station. Really appreciate the share.  Have spent a few weeks off and on trying to address this and was really stressed out now that both had stopped.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.