Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15s-du2077
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My camera is not working properly from the day of purchase. When I open the camera app or Zoom, the light next to the camera starts glowing but the camera in not working. Please provide a solution

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Is it still under warranty? This is one of the models where HP has posted the incorrect Manual but from the User Guide:

On select products, you can also enhance your camera privacy by turning the camera off. By default, the
camera is turned on. To turn off your camera, slide the camera privacy switch toward the icon next to the
switch. To turn the camera back on, slide the switch away from the icon.
To use your camera, type camera in the taskbar search box, and then select Camera from the list of
applications.

Do you have a physical camera switch? Try changing the camera in the camera app, which you have likely done but thought I would mention it. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.