Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP15z-eh000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently purchased a 15z-eh000  with AMD Ryzen 7 4700u off of ebay, and I'm thinking of upgrading the RAM from 8GB (2x4GB DDR4-3200) to 16GB.   But after downloading the crucial system scan to see what's compatible, I was shown that it only allows up to 8GB.   I'm a little confused since I've seen others mention that this laptop can handle up to 32GB (2 x16GB).

Thank you for any help - oliver

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi@oliver5611

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

We Understand need your notebook to update the Memory.

HP 15 Laptop PC supports up to 16 GB maximum system memory.

for more help Please follow the details Maintenance and Service Guide

Keep me posted. Happy to help!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Hello Praveenbv

The Maintenance and Service Guide you linked is for 15-dy0xxx and 15t-dy000 while the one I purchased is a 15z-eh000.   The guide shows different hardware using Intel while mine is AMD.   They also have external differences including the button layouts, bottom panel screw placements, and side component locations.

So I am still confused about the max ram support.

HP Recommended

Hi@oliver5611

Please share the model number of your Notebook which will help me in pulling up the details regarding Memory  compatibility  

HP Recommended

Sorry Praveenbv for getting back so late

Product number: 9WD42AV 

Serial number: 5CD0506CGV

HP Recommended

Hi@oliver5611

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

We Understand need your notebook to update the Memory. it's the same  HP Pavilion Laptop PC 15z-eh000 CTO

HP 15 Laptop PC supports up to 16 GB maximum system memory.

for more help Please follow the details Maintenance and Service Guide

Keep me posted. Happy to help!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.