Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, On September 9th I have bought a new battery from hp store due to battery failure. But now within 2 months my new battery not getting charged and also shutdown immediately when unplugged the Ac adapter, I have check the battery and Ac adapter status using hp assistant application and status is ok. But I didn't know why the laptop shutdown immediately when unplugged. Please help to resolve the issue. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@vinothmech315

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer shuts down immediately after unplugging the charger.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

What is the product number of your computer?

Meanwhile, I recommend you update the BIOS from the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have updated the BIOS but still the issue continues. My Product number is P4X40PA#ACJ

HP Recommended

@vinothmech315

Thank you for the information.

I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and calibrate the battery and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04700771

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have run the battery test. Though the battery test passed, the issue isn't resolved. Also battery is not charging.

Log files as below:

TestVersion = 1.17.5.0 TestId = a088469f-b159-4d7e-b4f9-0f1ed77a95af Instance = 1 StartTime = 2020-12-30T08:39:27 ExecutionDuration = 00:00:32 Result = ExecutionPassed PassID = 29999-43610-93358 ================================================== CeementBatteryCheckResult: 11 DevicesSupported: 1 DeviceCount: 1 Primary_ACPowerOn: True Primary_ACAdapterOk: True ACAdapterStatus: False Primary_TestresultString: OK Primary_DesignCapacity: 2850mAh Primary_FullChargeCapacity: 2754mAh Primary_RemainingCapacity: 1199mAh Primary_MaxError: 1 Primary_CycleCount: 73 Primary_Temperature: 30deg C Primary_Voltage: 14546mV Primary_Current: 0mA Primary_DesignVoltage: 14600mV Primary_Status: 192 Primary_CellVoltage1: 3636mV Primary_CellVoltage2: 3637mV Primary_CellVoltage3: 3636mV Primary_CellVoltage4: 3637mV Primary_SerialNumber: 00580 06/30/2020 Primary_ManufacturerName: 131-42-6E-A Primary_BatteryCTNumber: 6EUUECEGWDY0AI Primary_Warranty: 1 Primary_CalibrationType: 3 Primary_ChargeControl: Failed Primary_TempCharge: True Primary_ChargeTest: False Primary_ChargeCapacity: 96 Primary_TempAlarm: False Primary_DeepDischarge: False Primary_FullCharge: False Primary_FullChargeStatus: False Primary_BatteryCharge: False Primary_DesignCycleCount: 300

HP Recommended

@vinothmech315

It looks like a hardware issue and I recommend you contact support and check the available service options.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.