Hey guys, so ive had my laptop for about three months and 3 days ago it suudenly stopped charging. I figured out just now that while its turned off it charges fine but once I power it on it stops charging. I did the f2 test and it says battery ok but doesnt recognize I plugged in a power cord. Ive tried using another charger as there are a lot in my house but none of them charge it. Any help will be appreciated
I have gone through your Post and would like to help
Please reinstall the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery and check if that helps
Step 01. Click on the Start Button
Step 02. Type "Device Manager" in the start search box & open the Device Manager
Step 03. Look for Batteries and expand it by click on the + symbol on the left
Step 04. Right Click on "Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery" & uninstall
Note: This Battery driver will get re-installed automatically when you restart the Notebook again
Step 05. Please Shutdown the Notebook
Step 06. Remove the Battery and unplug the Power Adapter ( For Notebooks with Removable Batteries )
Step 07. Press and Hold the Power Button for full 1 Minute
Step 08. Go ahead and put back the Battery and connect the Power Adapter and restart
If the issue persists run a Battery Test again to confirm the Hardware Functionality
- Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second.
- When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
- On the main menu, click Component Tests and Power > Battery
Let me know how it goes 😊
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
Did you try reinstalling the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery and updating the BIOS?
If the issue persists please contact HP Support in your region for Service Options
1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device.
4) Select the country from the drop-down.
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences.
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".