CONNA624
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

My mouse stopped clicking! HELP!

HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So my wireless mouse has been working fine and I've never had an issue. It suddenly stopped working, and by that, I mean I can move the cursor around without an issue, but as soon as I right or left click, it doesn't actually work.  At first, I thought, it was the battery that was dying. I replaced it. Nothing. I then tried another mouse, one that can connect via a USB, same issue. So it is not the hardware, it must be the computer. The mouse track pad on the laptop works perfectly fine. I did some digging and rebooted the system, I even downloaded a whole bunch of malware/antivirus apps to clean the system in case there was something on here that was causing an effect. Then I tried a system restore, it makes me think that something happened after the windows update done just two days ago. My problem is there is no option for a system restore for anything before that time period. Besides, I don't know if that is the actual problem. Would love to get some help with this, thank you!

1 REPLY 1
Thomas19771
Level 3
63 76 1 9
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Wireless mice can be very touchy. most of them have a thing that goes in the usb port to help the computer detect the mouse. did you try unplugging and replugging the wireless mouse in?  are there any new mouse drivers? what kind of wireless mouse is it? 

Thomas Lohse
Long time HP user owner and supporter
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation