Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Notebook 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I have hp notebook 15 i am using this notebook from 1 year now i am facing a problem when i plugged my charger into my notebook my touchpad/mouse start freezing but other things like movies,games,keyboard all things are work properly except touchpad/mouse. When i plugged out touchpad works fine. Kindly Help me..

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @iamsherazkhan,

Thank you for joining HP Forums.

I'll be glad to help you 🙂

As I understand, touchpad freezes when the charger is plugged in. 

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution:

What is the product number? 

When was the last time it was working fine? 

Were there any recent changes made? 

Let's try these steps: 

Step 1: Uninstall and reinstall Touchpad drivers

1. Press Windows + X to open the menu, and choose Device Manager on it.

2. In device manager, expand category “Mice and other pointing devices”.

3. Under this category, right click on your Synaptics Touhpad driver and click on Uninstall.

4. You may be required to confirm the uninstallation. Check the box next to “Delete the driver software for this device” and click OK button.

5. Restart your PC for the change to take effect. After restarting. Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

6. Do not perform any manual upgrades to the driver until it does automatically

Step 2: Update BIOS: 

1. Click here and enter the product number.

2. Select the operating system.

3. Download BIOS. 

Keep me posted!

HP Recommended

i already tried and the solution you suggested is not repair it do you have another means to fix

@Flower_Bud wrote:

Hi @iamsherazkhan,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution:

Let's try these steps: 

3. Under this category, right click on your Synaptics Touhpad driver and click on Uninstall.

4. You may be required to confirm the uninstallation. Check the box next to “Delete the driver software for this device” and click OK button.

5. Restart your PC for the change to take effect. After restarting. Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

3. Download BIOS. 

Keep me posted!

@Flower_Bud wrote:

Hi @iamsherazkhan,

Let's try these steps: 

3. Download BIOS. 

Keep me posted!youre reaptely telling me the same thing i already tried not work for me 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.