Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP3055A Deskjet Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Yesterday after a big W10 update my printer stopped printing emails.

I am printing using a USB connection, but have tried the wireless and nothing works.

Since then I have spent hours and hours trying to get the printer to work.

I have downloaded HP software lots of times, uninstalled the printer, tried it all again, found the original HP Disc and tried loading it from that.  Nothing seems to correc the condition!.

Is there anything I can do?, the printer/scanner is still in excellent condition, do I have to replace it??

Help please

Don

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi

Could you take a screenshot/picture of your...Control Panel Devices and Printers?

HP Recommended

Screenshot (2).pngScreenshot (1).png

HP Recommended

Hi

I would try a "Legacy" install, that is Compatibility Mode.

Compat Mode.pngPerhaps W7 0r W8.x

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply but it seems a bit too complicated for me, I am 84 years of age!.

Isn't there a simpler solution?.

Don

HP Recommended

@Oliver3055 

Have you tried the HP Print and Scan Doctor Diagnostic here to see if it can fix the problem?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-3050a-e-all-in-one-printer-series-j611/4311836/model...

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Hi

I wish I had suggested that CherylG.

HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows

5.1.1.00410.6 MBJan 31, 2019Download

Try and locate any Drivers or other Downloaded Programs, like  HPPSdr.exe in Windows explorer, OR the original Disk(s) that you have in your possession..

Right Mouse Click.   Select Properties.

Then you see TAB options, one of which is

Compatibilty

then my earlier screen picture may be relevant.

HP Recommended

@Lil_Boy_Blue 

The link I gave above offers two Diagnostics once he chooses "Printer issues after  Windows Updates". One is the HP Doctor and the other is a Microsoft Windows Update Troubleshooter. I thought this approach may be better since he felt the things suggested were a bit complicated for his tech ability. (In my experiences-older printer drivers do not work in Windows 10 even in compatibilty mode.I have had problems even with a current driver after a WU)

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

I have tried all these solutions, but they don't seem to be solving the problem.

W10 is saying "the dev ice is not confugured correctly" and under Devices it says "Driver Error".

The printer has worked perfectly until last week, never had problems. 

I have run every possible piece of software, but it will not correct a fault which appears to be in the way the HP Downloads have stopped working properly, or the installation procedure is not working, as per the HP message, due to the age of the printer there are errors in the webpage.

So I am still without a printer.

HP Recommended

I still need help the priinter driver will not load properly so no prining now for 5 days.

Help please/

Don

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.