Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Elitebook 840 g2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have Elitebook 840 g2, with 1TB Sata SSD 2.5 inch and windows 10 installed on lt.

Recently I bought "1TB NVMe PCIe M.2 2242" I installed it on my laptop as secondary disk " windows still on the old SSD.

the strange thing that once I installed the NVME the CPU temp became very high and after 10 minutes the NVME stop working, after switching off the laptop and wait for some time, its work again and after 10 minutes stop working again,

one more thing the "HP GNSS Sensor" and " HP Radio Manager Device "in the Device manager have yellow triangle.

I removed the NVMe disk, the CPU temp become cold again, but the "HP GNSS Sensor" and " HP Radio Manager Device "in the Device manager still have yellow triangle.

The NVMe is working fine in external USB case or in desktop motherboard !!!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Hussam_Refai 

I don't know why you can add M.2 NVMe SSD in the first place ? Within 10 mins, can sou see it in File Explorer ? Please use SATA M.2 SSD to see how it goes.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

are you really serious !!!!
 there is no point of using (SATA M.2 SSD) its limited to speed of (6Gbs) and expensive, better to use normal SATA SSD 2.5 inch will give same speed, binger capacity  and cheaper ( 1TB cost 100$ only ).

NVMe much faster performance, the one I installed give ( 20Gbs ) speed (1TB cost 160$) in 2242 size

there is model give up to (35Gbs) but in 2280 size.

SATA M.2 SSD slow and more expensive now, because its rarely available now.

Elitebook 840 g2 is supporting NVme .

any way to answer your second question, Yes Within 10 mins, I can see and use it in File Explorer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.