Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
ENVY 15-q001la
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I accidentally spilled water over the keyboard and some keys stopped working, I am now looking to buy a replacement, unfortunately I couldn't found a replacement. This is the laptop model HP Envy 15-q001la, can I get some help?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Bleghstranded 

Water damage is generally a LOT more than just the keyboard as water seeps inside and damages the motherboard.

IS the laptop still working but you have issues with some of the keys? 

Sorry, but we don't maintain any inventory of what suppliers carry what parts and where those suppliers are located.

If you don't have the HP part number, you can use the HP link below and your PC information to determine the part number: https://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx

Once you have the part number, then do an online search to see if anyone carries it and will ship it to you.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

The laptop works normally, it's only the keys that are faulty, some stopped working. The first day after the incident typing one key made multiple keys being typed, now It works as intended except for a few exceptions.

Would it be better to replace the damaged keys instead of replacing the whole keyboard?

Also I found the part number thanks to the link you provided and only found a generic part not a HP one, this might be a dumb question but, can I use a different model than the one I have? or it won't work?

Thanks in advance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.