cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Need a battery replacement

HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Laptop 17-an0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop battery started only lasting at most 30 mins. I got a warning when I started my laptop that I need a new battery. I couldn't find the battery I need on the HP parts store website so I ordered one from https://www.canadalaptopbattery.com/ 

When I hooked it up the HP Support assistant says it didnt recognize the battery, and it would only hold a charge for about 3 hours. Just recently (3 weeks after installing the new battery) the battery will no longer charge more than 16%.

I am wondering if anyone knows a place to get an Original Equipment Manufacturer replacement battery. 

Thank you. 

Original batteryOriginal batteryNew batteryNew battery

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 19
Level 19
85,784 85,671 10,887 23,318
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Epicurus84 

What is your OMEN by HP Laptop 17-an0xx  ?  Please use the following way to find out model/product of your machine

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Please do NOT post its Serial number (s/n).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, the Product number is 1UG71UA#ABL

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

are you not able to help with this?

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation