Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I have the same laptop model and only part number 800049-001 is shown when I search for replacements. The current battery says to replace with 80005-01. Is the 800049-001 battery safe to use on my laptop instead of trying to find an 80005-001 battery?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@TINMAN45 wrote:

... The 800050-001 can't be purchased. 

Hi,

In this case, NA simply means Not Available.

From time to time, vendors (including HP) can change their products to new products to have SAME or better functionalities. If you read all labels, in MANY cases they put a statement: they can change without notice.

Now, for this battery, HP replaces one part with another part which DOES the SAME job for SAME products. The old one is no longer supplied. You can source from eBay, may be you can det a scondhand battery - Do you want to do that ?

Hope this makes sense.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@TINMAN45 wrote:

... Is the 800049-001 battery safe to use on my laptop instead of trying to find an 80005-001 battery?

@TINMAN45

Sorry I can't answer your question. There are over 200 models/products use battery part number 800049-001

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=800049-001

Can you see your machine on the list ? If not, you need a different battery for your laptop. What is it ? Please use the following instructions to find out the model/product of your machine:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

It's a 15T-Ak000 pavilion gaming laptop M0U21 the 800049-001 is on the list I was just curious if it was safe to use beings that the stock battery says to replace with 800050-001, and that battery is listed as -NA-. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

I can order it right now.

15t.png

You can also try Amazon using part number

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

The 800050-001 is listed as -NA- which is what the stock says to replace with.  I want to know if the 800049-001 that is listed on the parts surfer for my model is ok to use, and won't cause any issues, instead of the 800050-001 as the

800050-001 can't be purchased. 

HP Recommended

@TINMAN45 wrote:

... The 800050-001 can't be purchased. 

Hi,

In this case, NA simply means Not Available.

From time to time, vendors (including HP) can change their products to new products to have SAME or better functionalities. If you read all labels, in MANY cases they put a statement: they can change without notice.

Now, for this battery, HP replaces one part with another part which DOES the SAME job for SAME products. The old one is no longer supplied. You can source from eBay, may be you can det a scondhand battery - Do you want to do that ?

Hope this makes sense.

Regards.

BH

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.