Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-au123cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!  My HP Support Assistant says my battery has failed and needs to be replaced.  The Parts List I was led to says "Part is not Orderable through the HP Parts Store."

Any suggestions --

1)  Where to get a new battery, online, for sending to San Diego?  Or I can buy in San Diego.

2)  Repair technician recommendation for replacing the battery?  Hopefully can do on the spot, at the counter.

Thanks,

Alyse

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@alysenet 

We don't maintain any king of database of parts suppliers, so we can not provide any locations where you can buy specific parts.

As to a Technician, that is only available if your laptop is still under warranty, and perhaps, not even then.  You would have to use the contact information below to open a ticket and get contact information:

USA/Canada HP contact info: https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks.  The site is temporarily unavailable.  Will try again.  In the meanwhile . . . 

Can you tell me if the battery I found at the following web site is *definitely* compatible with my 15-au123cl HP Pavilion Notebook laptop, SN/ [personal info removed] Y1N95UA ?   Two-year warranty!  After market, not OEM, fine with me, I think.

https://www.laptopbatteryexpress.com/HP-Pavilion-15-AU000-Battery-p/hp-bp02xl-au000.htm

Hopefully I am interpreting the HP Support Assistant's "battery needs replacement, here's your parts list for all your parts" correctly.  HP Support Asst App DiagnosisHP Support Asst App DiagnosisParts List that HP Suppt Assistant displayedParts List that HP Suppt Assistant displayed I did a search on "Battery" and found 7Q107AV, but now I wonder if there's More than one battery?  I didn't search for another "battery" item in the spit-out parts list.   I contacted the supplier but he is asking me for the numbers *ON* the battery, which I don't know since I'm avoiding opening the case myself. He asked me "Any numbers on there that match the formatting of the ones below?"     But I don't know what # is physically on the battery itself.  

511883-001
516477-191
EV03
EV03047
HSTNN-C51C
HSTNN-C53C

HP Recommended

@alysenet 

The FQ107AV is the battery part number.  I did a quick Google search on that but the only one in stock is refurbished and did not see any original OEM batteries available, and since HP does not appear to carry it anymore, you could be stuck.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

The FQ107AV number that the HP Support Assistant displayed in the parts list display  turned out to be a *pullout* style battery, at least according to the supplier I found a likely-correct (*internal style*) battery at (at that site I had asked you about above).  The "CQ60" in the line item was apparently the red flag.  In summary, looking back at the HP Support Assistant app's displays and how they led me astray:

1)  The *Parts List* the HP Support Assistant displayed showed FQ107AV - the *wrong* battery type (a pullout type rather than my internal battery.  That display is shown in one of my earlier posts to you.
2)  The *Battery* menu result that the HP Support Assistant displayed was only the *RTC* battery, not the lithium battery.  At least it said that, which helped prevent me from searching on *that* battery, at least! 

* I have yet to see my HP Support Assistant display a parts list or battery menu result that lists a battery that's *my* style of battery -- an internal battery! *

Go figure!

Here's what displayed when I selected the Battery menu.Alyse Simon_Battery Check_04_Battery vs Show All Parts.jpg

I've learned now to search on the *laptop model number,* not any *battery number* that the HP Support Assistant displays!  Maybe the parts list HP Support Assistant displays aren't necessarily for the exact model being "Battery Checked," it seems, dunno.  There should be a warning somewhere about that, though maybe I should just learn to be more skeptical about how much to trust parts-related displays.

I ended up going with the battery -- internal style battery --  I found at the site I asked you about . . . I'm super excited about this decision-makiing breakthrough!  https://www.laptopbatteryexpress.com/HP-Pavilion-15-AU000-Battery-p/hp-bp02xl-au000.htm

It's on its way.  Either a friend or possibly a uBreakIFix service center I found will replace it.  I had found the service center list -- https://support.hp.com/us-en/service-center  -- during another HP site search frenzy besides the search that came up with resellers for apparently being able to service it --  https://parts.hp.com/hpparts/Part_Resellers.aspx?mscssid=B698384664F44208A4445CDDA94248E1&geo_code=N...

I need a nap.  🙂

Thanks again!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.