Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Chromebook X2 12-F014DX
Chrome OS

Due to operator error, I need to replace my active pen/stylus. It is a model # L18551-001. Any suggestions to find this, or a compatible replacement would be appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Jeanne54 Did some digging and here's what I see on amazon: click here to check, also, I must say that we do not recommend/endorse any product on amazon, I've only gone through this to help you out, since it isn't available on HP at the moment.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Jeanne54 Greetings from the HP Community!

You may order the replacement parts on the HP Parts Store, use the HP Parts Surfer to find the part number and If you've already looked for it using the part number you've mentioned in your post and couldn't find it on the HP Parts Store, you may want to get it locally at the online store such as Amazon or eBay, etc...as the part numbers are universal.

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have tried with the part number listed on the package the active pen came in.  I can not find it on the HP parts store, nor at Amazon, nor by google search. That is why I cam here to the forum to find help. 

HP Recommended

@Jeanne54 Did some digging and here's what I see on amazon: click here to check, also, I must say that we do not recommend/endorse any product on amazon, I've only gone through this to help you out, since it isn't available on HP at the moment.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you, I had done so much looking without finding.  I hope this will be a good one. I appreciate you finding this. 

HP Recommended

@Jeanne54 The pleasure is all mine,

And let us know if you need anything else.

Have a good day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@ Riddle_Deciper 

*******@Jeanne54 Did some digging and here's what I see on amazon: click here to check, also, I must say that we do not recommend/endorse any product on amazon, I've only gone through this to help you out, since it isn't available on HP at the moment********

Just an update, I did order the active pen you listed above. however it does not work.  I have changed the battery and tried the 2 buttons on it as well. I can not get it to work.  Any hope that HP will have the correct active pen available? 

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

thank you

Jeanne

HP Recommended

@Jeanne54 That's a bummer, I was hoping it would, that said, I'm afraid there are no updates on when one would be available at HP, perhaps, in the meantime you could make use of a passive stylus?

• passive stylus (also known as capacitive stylus) functions the same as your finger on the screen.
  • Passive styluses do not require batteries, and they work on any touch screen device.

I hope that helps!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.