Yoree
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Need updated driver for Intel Graphics 620 for my HP Pavilion - 15-cc563st

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-cc563st
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My HP Pavilion - 15-cc563st has a  Intel (R) HD Graphics 620 Display Adaptor.  

Dated: 2/28/2018  Version: 23.20.16.4973

When I try to update this driver with the Intel Driver & Support Asst, I get the following message:

A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel Driver & Support Assistant is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues. Contact Hewlett-Packard (HP) for the latest driver for your computer.

How can I get the latest driver for my Pavilion?    I use a GIS software and its technical support tells me that I must update my driver.  Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
134,937 124,293 20,676 31,762
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

The product specs for your notebook indicate that your notebook has the onboard Intel HD graphics only, which means you should be able to manually update the Intel graphics driver to the latest version.

You cannot use this method on notebooks with the Intel/Nvidia or Intel/AMD switchable graphics configurations.

HP Pavilion - 15-cc563st Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

See my knowledge base article at the link below for how to do that.

Updating the Latest HD Graphics Driver from Intel...Skylake,... - HP Support Community - 7185608

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation