Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15-bs066nr notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Spoiler

After running tests to check my hard drive and finding out that it was damaged, I purchased a new HDD. I would like to make sure that I got the right one Amazon.com: Seagate Momentus 1 TB 2.5-Inch SATA III 5400 RPM 8MB Cache Hard Drive Bare (ST1000LM024): Computers & Accessories.  I also purchased this USB device to reinstall or recovery windows 10 OS from EzaLink on Amazon.  Before starting this I wanted to make sure I got the right stuff and I would also like any directions you could provide for me, please. Thank you in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi Cindy...any particular reason you're choosing that specific hard drive?

HP Recommended

I thought this one matched the one I removed and I had read somewhere on this forum that this one was the correct one, butI can’t find that back.

HP Recommended

The reason I asked is that I wouldn't recommend putting that exact same hard drive back in it because it's old technology and slow.  It is 1 TB in size though which is nice but if you don't' need that much storage space you could go with a really fast SSD 250 GB for $12 more or 500 GB for $30 more:

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-250GB-Internal-MZ-76E250B-AM/dp/B07864WMK8/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1GSOQN6FVH...

can you post a direct link here to what windows recovery product you bought from Amazon?

Your old hard drive is completely dead and won't boot up, is that correct?

HP Recommended

Yes that’s correct.  I bought the EZALINK usb drive reinstall, Repair, recovery, restore boot fix USB, professional and home 32 and 64 Bit for all brands. I believe I paid like 15 dollars for it.

HP Recommended

I could not get the link to transfer, I’m not sure how I did the first one.

HP Recommended

Hi Cindy yea so I asked the EZALINK people for you and according to them it will work.  So get yourself one of the hard drives I recommended and you should be all set and will greatly improve the performance of your laptop as well. EZALINK.PNG 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.