Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I am returning the Spectre, but not because of the fan noise - which I think the NBFC tamed quite well.  I did run benchmarks to see the impact of NBFC on performance, and I'm happy to say that it has had litte impact on performance overall.

HP Recommended

And why are you returning it?

HP Recommended

Going off topic, but here's why I returned the device yesterday.  Just not the quality experience my previous spectre purchase was....

* Battery life repeatedly dropped directly from 90 to under 20.  Stays that way until I plug it in, after which it goes directly back to 90%.  Bug in battery firmware?   Not sure, but means I can't travel with it.

*  Laptop would occasionally shut down unexpectedly.  Not the controlled we're rebooting because of update.  Laptop would not be under load when it happened.  Turned back on right away without problems.  Maybe related to battery issue above?

*  Fingerprint sensor stopped being recognized.  Why?  No idea.  It's like it never existed.  Do I use the sensor?  No - not really - but I get very nervous when a brand new top of a line computer starts decommisioning parts on its own.  

*  Touchpad's scrolling didn't work with Edge.  Scrolling with it, caused Edge to randomly zoom.  Touchpad driver problem?  

Maybe I got a lemon, that happens.  I'm likely moving to the thinkpad yoga (I love my t480) or possibly a Mac Pro. 

Good luck.

HP Recommended

Dear all

Was any solution found to this problem?

HP Recommended

No, unfortunately not. I am in contact with HP service but they have no idea. I think it's by design. 

I can just very much recommend to not buy that device or get rid of it as long as still possible. 

HP Recommended

Interesting to hear your issues with the battery. 

I have the exact same issues.

* regular battery warnings at 70+ %

* 2 times the laptop therefore just shut down

HP proposed to send the laptop in for "repair". Maybe I will try that. 

HP Recommended

Hi all, I was looking on google and found the below post, this help me a lot to reduce noise problem:

https://www.reddit.com/r/spectrex360/comments/84pmsc/fix_your_temps_and_fan_noise_on_ac_spectre_x360...

Hope that help you, too.

HP Recommended

hey, can you please share your config. for the NBFC? 

HP Recommended

Load up the config called "HP ENVY x360 Convertible 13-ag0xxx"

HP Recommended

hello comunity, have the same problem with my x360 but in my opinion  thwe issue is faulty fan that touch something inside that,s why it make that noice , so no matter how hard they will try to help us is not gonna work unless  the faulty fan will be replace. It look like poor design / low class fan.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.