Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 14-cf2000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone,

I was gifted a new HP 14-cf2000 laptop for christmas, after my old acer finally passed away.

I had noticed the fan was often very noisy, and the laptop could get very warm, so decided to install CoreTemp 1.16 to check on the heat levels. 

I've found the system idles around 48-60 degrees celsius, and will often spike to near 100 C with seemingly no reason, even with only a single tab of Chrome or a PDF open. 

I'm wondering if this is normal, as I know high temperatures can often damage computer parts, or if this is a defect I may need support over.

Thank you for your time.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Sorry to reply to my own topic, but for further information:

I have cleaned the vents out with compressed air from outside, and the laptop has never been used on any material that might cause a blockage, always either on a flat, hard surface or on my lap. 

Attached is a Core Temp screenshot, the only programs open at the time being this window, Discord and Core Temp itself.

Capture.PNG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.