Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 15-cc152od
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I installed a 1tb Sandisk Ultra nvme ssd and cloned the hard drive to the ssd using macrium reflect. It was cloned succesfully.. When I change the boot options to boot to the ssd, it keeps on giving an error that it encountered a problem. The hd is on letter c and recovery is drive(original). The new ssd is OS drive is G and recovery is f drive. How do I get it boot to the ssd instead of the original hard drive? Your help is much appreciated.

Thank you 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Notechie1122 , welcome back to the Community.

I suggest that you disconnect the HDD so there is no confusion and then attempt to boot.  If there are two drives with the OS this can cause problems.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

I'll do that. I also want to use the HDD as a storage. will it boot using the hdd or should I change the drive letter?

Thank you

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @Notechie1122!

Good luck.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.