Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Gaming Pavilion - 15-cx0012nm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, i bought new laptop battery for HP Pavilion Gaming laptop. But when I disconnect it from AC, it instantly turns off. 

When i insert my old battery(old battery is little swollen), old battery is charging and laptop can be used without AC.

Is there a way to fix that, so i can use that new battery. This is a picture of HP Support Assistant with new battery. Thanks in advance.

Screenshot_5.png

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @nenadjevtic01 

try this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgsLomzvr5E&ab_channel=HPSupport

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Do this on the post I wrote that helped solve it.

Thank you very much

⌨️

This video shows how to calibrate the battery on your HP Notebook. We will use the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI to calibrate the battery and restore the proper levels. For other helpful videos go to https://youtube.com/hpsupport. More support options for your HP device are available at ...
HP Recommended

Can't disconnect from AC because laptop will instantly turn off. Can't do anything with laptop and new battery if I disconnect it from AC

HP Recommended

Hello @nenadjevtic01 

ok, do this:

(1) Open the windows device manager and uninstall the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery

- Right click on "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery"

- Click "Uninstall device"

- Confirm your choice if you see a popup notification

ub6424_0-1656431758205.png

(2) Shutdown your notebook/computer

(3) Disconnect power charger

(4) Press and hold power button for 30 seconds

(5) Connect power charger

(6) Start notebook

(7) Check the status of the battery again

best regards

---

Dear Community Member, please click the button [ YES ] on "Was this reply helpful?" to say Thanks and

make it easier for other people to find this type of solution by marking the reply ▶️ [ Accept as Solution ] ◀️

Thank you very much

⌨️

HP Recommended

Now my battery is on 0%, but only says plugged in. In HP Support Assistant now remaining capacity droped from 53Whr to 0Whr. Current is unchanged(0mA).Screenshot_6.png

HP Recommended

Hello @nenadjevtic01 

you wrote:

>Hi, i bought new laptop battery

Solution:

If the new battery is not charging or doing anything, it is definitely defective !

Contact the seller/shop to have the defective battery exchanged !

best regards

---

Thank you very much

⌨️

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.