12-10-2019 11:09 PM
Just finished layering up a new zBook 15 G5 and I am finding that it does not lie flat and rocks. The near left-hand corner does not rest on the desktop, and it rocks up and down. I am concerned that if the case is warped then the components inside are not soundly installed and internal tension will result in more serious problems in the future.
12-11-2019 10:53 AM
There is no fix the Community can offer for a new workstation "not flat" computer case.
Yes, from the description, something is not right.
Please contact HP Technical Support
Open a case > Provide the necessary information, Explain the issue > Ask for help and options > Submit the case
HP Technical Support - HP Contact Information
- Use the serial number of the device to submit the case (do not post that information on the Community).
- Chat is not available in every region. In those areas where Chat is an option, Chat service hours are likely restricted. In the event that Chat is not available in your region: Call the number provided in the HP directory, else submit your case online (to receive phone contact information)
- HP will advise you there is a fee for phone support and / or other services when your computer / device is no longer under warranty. This is normal business practice.
- HP may tell you that certain services are not covered under warranty. This is normal business practice. Standard Warranty typically covers specific hardware issues as explained in the Warranty contract. Care Pack coverage and warranties differ by package.
- If the HP Contact (phone) number is not immediately provided: Contact information is displayed on your screen after you submit your case online.
- HP websites are the only ones allowed to use the HP copyright circle/logo. Look for the copyright on any website claiming to be HP. If in doubt, scroll to the bottom of the Website to find HP copyright logo.
“Everywhere” Contact Information - HP Technical Support
Open website HP World-Wide Support
Select your region and follow the prompts
Option – Regions
USA / Canada
Submit information / case online: Contact HP Support – Assistance Portal
- Sign in or continue as a guest
- For faster support, first submit information / case online HP Customer Support UK
- Contact by Phone: Contact HP UK – Phone Assist
Option - HP Support is on Facebook!
From HP > CAUTION
Recently, HP has seen an increased number of third-party support websites selling HP driver downloads or diagnostic tools. Many of these websites use the HP trademark symbol and claim to be official HP distributors.
If your product supports your operating system, HP offers your driver and software at no additional cost through the HP website.
Use caution when dealing with any website that asks you to pay for HP driver downloads or tools that claim to diagnose your HP products. These websites might not be affiliated with HP in any way.
Do not install BIOS updates from a motherboard manufacturer's website. Only install BIOS updates from HP. Installing BIOS updates from the motherboard manufacturer can prevent the computer from accepting an HP system recovery. This could result in a loss of data.
Reference and Resources – Places to find (more) help and learn about your Device
Clarification of terms and "what the device can do" (Specifications)
NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System
HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides, Product Information, more
When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic
- HP ZBook 15u G5 Mobile Workstation
- HP ZBook 15 G5 Mobile Workstation
- HP ZBook 15v G5 Mobile Workstation
Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.
We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.