• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

No Bios Battery

HP Recommended
15-u011dx

I am just making a suggestion in regards to implementing motherboards without the bios battery.

The commonly-found  button-sized bios battery (2032, etc.) is not integrated into the 15-u011dx, serial number [Personal Information Removed].

This means that when a battery fails, so does bios.  CMOS RESET (502)

Any updates to the bios will be reset back to factory defaults and an incorrect date of 1/1/2014 (which will cause problems unless altered each time the laptop is started and if the date is not updated, of course issues online will arise).

I happen to notice there is a spot on the motherboard to accommodate a bios battery (indicated by a white circle where the battery would be placed, and an adjacent PLUS and MINUS sign where the leads to the bios battery would be connected.

A typical bios battery is approximately $2 to a consumer (bulk prices are much lower when buying in bulk).

Is this a good thing?  Is this taking quality in a product produced?  I have a computer repair shop and am old enough to recount off the top of my head which models to stay away from (because if any certain model ends up in high volume, I usually find that the consumer is not the problem).

Presently I have four of these similar models, all of which maybe a replacement motherboard is necessary.

In fact, beside me now is another "convertible", this one is the m6-aq103dx, serial number 8cg6375sk6 (error code indicates processor failure rendering the unit without video but lights and fan work fine).

Like the DV-series, I'd have to assess that the convertibles might be bad engineering/manufacturing.

Can't we do better than profiteering by not doing our best ?

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,907 6,909 275 424
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@kennyhendrick3 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that there is  No Bios Battery on the laptop.

In that case, I would suggets you contact our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.

Or you can contact local stores for repair.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation