Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

When I turn on my HP it Makes a burning out noise, only by turning on and have no apps open, Fan is being loud and overheats quickly 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Fan is not working I have done the Diagnostic test and the fan failed the test everything else is working fine but it does make a burning noise when I use it and the fan is loud it has never done this before 

HP Recommended

Hi @Leslie_Gonzalez,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I understand you are facing an issue with your HP product. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.

To assist better:

• Do you get any errors when the PC starts up? (900, 909, 90A, 90B, 90F Error Displays on a Black Screen)
  • Remove the Power adapter and check if the PC still makes noise.

While you respond to that please try the below steps:

Update the BIOS, & Chipset drivers 

• Here's the link to download and install the above updates: Click here

If the issue with the Fan continues, please refer to the below document:

If the issue still persists, I'm sending out a private message to assist you with the next course of action. 

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ANAND_ANDY
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.