Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been having an issue with my hp spectre which wont  detect the nvidia graphics driver or activte it. I have tried updating windows, updating my bios with downloads provided by hp and i tried to uninstall the driver and reinstall it with driver downloads from nvidia and hp. When I tried to install the drivers i get the same error message "nvidia not compatible with this version of windows 10" or "compatible hardware not detected." I have tried to repairing and updating my HP with driver easy and restoro but the driver is still not being detected. I cant access the driver using control panel and the driver no longer appears in device manager since I uninstalled it. I cant find a means to reinstall it at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated in getting this driver to work.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

What is the full model number or product number of your notebook?

Use this guide to find that information.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

The only suggestion I can offer, if your notebook is supported by the HP cloud recovery tool would be to back up any files you need to save onto a portable hard drive, use the cloud recovery tool to create a bootable recovery drive that will reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your notebook.

Here is an info link for how to use that utility...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205

HP Recommended

Hello,

The full model is HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-bl1XX and product number is 1VW22AV

HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, that model is supported by the HP cloud recovery tool, so I would try that.

Hopefully, there isn't a hardware problem.

One thing you can try before you resort to having to recover the PC.

Go to the device manager.  Click on the View tab at the top of the device manager window.

Select the 'Show hidden devices' option.

Click to expand the Display adapters device manager category, and see if the Nvidia graphics adapter shows up in light shade.

If it does, right click on it and select Uninstall.  Check the uninstall driver box.

Restart the PC and see if Windows installs the graphics adapter properly so that it appears normally.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.